On 6 Jul 2003, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 16:39, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Michael Scherer wrote:
> > > and the winner is ....
> > > minilogd.
> >
> > Well why do you think Andrey's patch i resent was called devfs.minilogd ?
> > I think the problem is really in the kernel, but nobody wants to try:(
>
> probably because it's a bit of a pain to apply the patch and recompile
> the kernel...is there no easier way of testing?
Ah...but I still suspect you are all being lazy.

It is not that much work to compile a minimal kernel with this patch. It
is a timing issue, every change in rc.sysinit can trigger it. And
reverting to an old minilogd is not a real solution. Well..If you all stay
being lazy I might build a kernel rpm with the patch.

I thought this list was for cookers....

d.

(now you will all kill me if the patch doesn't fix it *grin*)

O..perhaps another way to be sure is to produce a stack trace with
alt-sysrq-T. But ofcourse that doesn't fix it.