Hi,

I had some troubles with lilo and pam and had to spend considerable
time in single user mode and the only editor available was.... vi.

Now you all may be very comfortable with vi, but I'm not. So I dediced
to copy jmacs from joe to /bin for the next time and just to make sure
I just tried it out.

Complained it couldn't load libgpm... Now that's odd, that library isn't
even used by joe. It's a dependency for libncurses. But libncurses is
in /lib and libgpm is only in /usr/lib....

So... something has to happen here. May I suggest it is libgpm being
moved to /lib

btw,

~% locate lib/libncurses
/lib/libncurses.so
/lib/libncurses.so.5
/lib/libncurses.so.5.3
/usr/lib/libncurses++.a
/usr/lib/libncurses.a
/usr/lib/libncurses.so
/usr/lib/libncurses.so.5
/usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.3

Shouldn't libncurses not only be installed in /bin

# Han
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/documents/quotingguide.html