On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 07:16:36PM +0200, Han Boetes wrote:
Hi,

I had some troubles with lilo and pam and had to spend considerable
time in single user mode and the only editor available was.... vi.

well there is e3 which is static linked (9K) and has many emulation modes, including vi and emacs (a pity it is in /usr/bin)

So... something has to happen here. May I suggest it is libgpm being moved to /lib

i hate having a bloated / vim-minimal is linked vs libtermcap and works ok

~% locate lib/libncurses
/usr/lib/libncurses.so.5
/usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.3

Shouldn't libncurses not only be installed in /bin
symlinks... compatibility with some old junk???

L.

--
Luca Berra -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.