On 2003-07-18(Fri) 17:41:49 +0200, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
> The build fails in the compilation of java version fo gettext:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/pablo/rpm/BUILD/gettext-0.12.1/gettext-runtime/intl-java'
> /bin/sh ../lib/javacomp.sh -d . ./gnu/gettext/GettextResource.java
> mv: `./gnu/gettext/GettextResource.class' et `./gnu/gettext/GettextResource.class'
> identifient le même fichier.
[.......]
> there is no "mv" command either in the Makefile or in ../lib/javacomp.sh
> it seems it is done by gjc...

Yup, and "Requires: gcj-tools".

> (the build also required a cange to patch7, and BuildRequires:  automake1.7)

Yes, I missed the automake1.7, probably because I've been switching
default auotmake to 1.7 long time ago.

For patch7, probably some more thinking is needed. Currently LSB 1.3
states that msgfmt should silently allow duplicate msgid's with
--output-file option, but some thinks that current implementation in
gettext is better (http://www2.linuxbase.org/talks/sa20030521.html).
I also think that allowing duplicate msgid's is not a good thing...

Besides, "domain" directive is not ignored as LSB expected.

Charles has managed to get gettext build with libtool 1.4. Charles,
where's your spec?

And I have updated some other things -- fixed up libtool 1.5 so that it
won't pick up pre-installed gettext 0.11.5 libraries (I do this because
libtool 1.5.x is expected to go into cooker some time later), fixed
patch5, and other things. My fixes are in
http://deaddog.org/Mandrake/enhancement/SRPMS/gettext-0.12.1-0.1mdk.src.rpm

Abel

--
Abel Cheung