On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 10:10:51PM -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> 2. Recognizing that "wipe" is a poor name, starting with LAM/MPI 7.1,
>    we'll change the primary name of "wipe" to "lamwipe" (we'll update
>    all documentation, as well, and mention that "wipe" is formally
>    deprecated).  The name "wipe" will be a sym link pointing to the
>    name "lamwipe" so that backwards compatability will be preserved
>    (for a while).  Perhaps sometime after that, we can ditch the name
>    "wipe".

Sometime after you change the documentation, I would suggest changing
lamwipe to detect when it is called as wipe and writting a warning to
stderr.  That would break a few weird scripts, but should help push
people towards using lamwipe and reduce the screaming when you finaly
kill it off.  At the very least, you can tell the people who complain
that you've been warning them for X month/years.

-- Brooks