Buchan Milne wrote:

I am primarily using a combination of webmin, davedap and smartsieve
for server admin. (As I prefer to be able to perform maint from
anywhere, without physically sitting in front of the box like I would
while using Directory administrator.) Would this same capability be
available using libconf (I'm not fimular with that).

We currently use vi, ldapsearch/ldapmodify etc and smbldap-tools, but we want something for sieve.

The reason I mentioned libconf is that it would allow mods to the
existing config files (ie main.cf etc) without losing manual changes,
whereas the kolab script always rebuilds the config file from a
template. Note *all* postfix configuration (incl. transports etc) is
kept in ldap, so if a user sets up a content_filter in master.cf, it
will be trashed by kolab.

Yuck! - I do not like the thought of all config data in ldap. That would pretty much hose me up good!

That would mean all of your 'main-stream' tools (that function based on file configs) will be broken?
- Hmmm... There has got to be a better way!

You might want to take a peek at Smartsieve (I would love an rpm) and the install is easy enough. (It's written in php, and install pretty much consists of untarring, and modifying the config file.)

http://smartsieve.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,