On Sun, 3 Aug 2003, Leon Brooks wrote:

> >> Too risky. What happens when you forget about this and put hundreds
> >> of boxes out there whose first user will be an admin?
>
> > Last question in the install: is the next user who will be logging in
> > to this box an admin?
>
> This might be Expert mode only, but doesn't the drak installer already
> ask you to nominate an admin to send emails to? If so, we might use
> that.

Maybe even better, we should have a better, more comprehensive definition
of groups, and use that group to send mail alerts to, and only run the
server tool if a member of the group logs in. This way, in a larger
deployment, you don't have to bother with those settings, since they can
be picked up by the system from the network authentication method chosen
(NIS/LDAP etc).

Regards,
Buchan

Please click on http://www.cae.co.za/disclaimer.htm to read our
e-mail disclaimer or send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a copy.