Brian Fleischman wrote:

> I do can do a -c1 just fine also.  If I do a -d1 (dma)...locks
up...harddrive
> light on constantly, even with the -X66 or -X68.  I have a WD 20.5
ata/66 7200 rpm
> drive.  I wonder what's up with the dma stuff.
>
> -Brian

Hi. Why are hard drive optimizations on per default??? I have to add
"nohdparm" to the command-line. On my WDC 18G drive, it hangs. I'm
having serious problems with DMA enabled on this drive anyway (VP3
chipset). So I turned off "Use DMA by default" in the kernel. Still,
hard drive optimizations apparently can't be enabled on WDC dricves.
I've seen this problem reported many times and I'm experiencing serious
problems myself.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck