> I agree too.
:(

> But I have another reason : such a software on the same computer is a
> fantastic SECURITY HOLE !
Please!!! Could you define a 'SECURITY HOLE'??

Letting an unauthorized user access an ext2 partition from Windows NT
could cause a 'security breach'.

Setting up a dual-boot would be a security hole! :))

> It allows to write on protected files. I remember such a software for
> windows95 which allows to acces to ext2. Please don't spread this
> software ... and use reiserfs or better the new reiser4.
Not spreading that software is *not* a solution to this
'Security hole'.
:))

I am not even suggesting that this is not an issue.
Guillaume Cottenceau ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), they guy who responded to me
when I wrote to [EMAIL PROTECTED] also expressed similar concerns.

Probable solutions to this issue:
1. Permit the Administrator to configure who can access what.
        a. who can access system files
        b. protected files
2. Set the driver to load manually - with only administrators allowed to
        load it.

Trying to map the users in NT with that of that linux installation is IMHO
not a practical solution.

Right now, it does not prevent any user from accessing any file.
But that can be changed. :)