Adam Williamson wrote:

I see about five people posting to the list moaning about the mirrors,
so I don't post to the list moaning about the mirrors. Why would I?

I think the point is that what you *don't* see is a single post saying "this is what's going on, and this is when we think it will be fixed". Or even "this is what's going on (draw your own conclusions)".

So the rest of us sit here and repeatedly hit the servers every half-hour or so, hoping to scrape up the RPMs that bugzilla tells us have fixed the bugs we've reported or that are needed by the other half of the RPMs that actually made it through but have dependencies on those that didn't.

The alternative is to wait for the next set of ISOs to be released, and figure that maybe any mirror which has them has actually stabilized. In which case, why bother to try to maintain local cooker mirrors and test all the stuff that's already happened by the time an ISO is cut ?

Paul Dorman has a valid point. I work in a development environment where development (and not IT management) is the priority. But if I pulled something like this, they wouldn't find enough of me left to fire, and it wouldn't be management with blood dripping down its chin.

I just wish I understood enough about the architecture behind the layer of the primary mirror to be able to offer constructive criticism.