Quoting Steffen Barszus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> probeall /dev/dvb dvb-ttpci
> alias /dev/dvb/* /dev/dvb
> below dvb-ttpci alps_bsrv2 alps_tdmb7 alps_tdlb7
> add below dvb-ttpci grundig_29504-401 grundig_29504-491
> add below dvb-ttpci stv0299 ves1820
>
> the same i posted just two or three times ;)

Well for the second or third time this doesn't work ;) It complains about the
grundig_29504-401 driver. I tried removing this, at startup lsmod | grep dvb
shows nothing. modprobe dvb-ttpci will load the drivers
however /dev/dvb/adapter0/fronend0 is still missing.

I can get it to appear using

>>alias char-major-250 dvb
>>alias dvb dvb-ttpci
>>below dvb-ttpci alps_bsrv2 alps_tdmb7 alps_tdlb7
>>add below dvb-ttpci tda1004x
>>add below dvb-ttpci stv0299 ves1820
>>options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0

However I still have to modprobe dvb-ttpci each time I boot up the pc.

> BTW could you try to learn to quote ?

I didn't feel quoting was neccessary as it was a new sub topic of my origional
question

Mike