Paul Dorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm not sure why I'm still getting the following errors, as they are
> affecting some of my machines, but not the one I'm at now. They all
> have been urpmi --auto-select --auto'd from the same cooker tree (my
> local mirror which I *hope* is pretty up to date at the moment!!!).

> First, drakxtools probs. One's that are having problems are
> printerdrake, mcc and rpmdrake.

btw rpmdrake is not part of drakxtools but is packaged on its own.

like guillaume, i cannot repeat any of your bug reports.

> When I start printerdrake from the console, I get the following error when I
> click 'Edit':
>
> "variable is not of type Gtk2::TreeIter at /usr/sbin/printerdrake
> line 460."

this one is different from the other bugs.

i guess your line 460 map to the 469 locally in cvs:
   my (undef, $iter) = $tree->get_selection->get_selected;

could you tell me what is line 460 on your machine ?

> "Can't locate object method "iter_has_child" via package "Gtk2::TreeIter" at
> /usr/lib/libDrakX/ugtk2.pm line 1309

(...)

> "Can't locate object method "rgb_find_color" via package "Gtk2::Gdk::Colormap"
> at /usr/lib/libDrakX/ugtk2.pm

these ones look very, *very* weird.

unlike the old perl-GTK2 binding, the new perl-Gtk2 map methods call
through xs at compile time and thus directly from the .so at runtime.

this make these bugs very very stranges.

at first, i would suspecta bug ala "libpango badly ordered in
installed packages was not installed" but i failled to see how such
install bug would impact TreeView behaviour at runtime.

there's something very very fishy there.

so could you check the installed perl-Gtk2 package ?
   "rpm -V perl-Gtk2"

especially, look at .so lib.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~tv/tmp # strings
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Gtk2/Gtk2.so|wc -l
  13280

these really are not symbols since perl extensions seems to uses a
hash for symbols.

> Here are the packages I have:

looks normal.