On Friday 05 September 2003 08:36, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> Paul Dorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I'm not sure why I'm still getting the following errors, as they are
> > affecting some of my machines, but not the one I'm at now. They all
> > have been urpmi --auto-select --auto'd from the same cooker tree (my
> > local mirror which I *hope* is pretty up to date at the moment!!!).
> >
> > First, drakxtools probs. One's that are having problems are
> > printerdrake, mcc and rpmdrake.
>
> btw rpmdrake is not part of drakxtools but is packaged on its own.
>
> like guillaume, i cannot repeat any of your bug reports.
>
> > When I start printerdrake from the console, I get the following error
> > when I click 'Edit':
> >
> > "variable is not of type Gtk2::TreeIter at /usr/sbin/printerdrake
> > line 460."
>
> this one is different from the other bugs.
>
> i guess your line 460 map to the 469 locally in cvs:
>    my (undef, $iter) = $tree->get_selection->get_selected;
>
> could you tell me what is line 460 on your machine ?
>
> > "Can't locate object method "iter_has_child" via package "Gtk2::TreeIter"
> > at /usr/lib/libDrakX/ugtk2.pm line 1309
>
> (...)
>
> > "Can't locate object method "rgb_find_color" via package
> > "Gtk2::Gdk::Colormap" at /usr/lib/libDrakX/ugtk2.pm
>
> these ones look very, *very* weird.
>
> unlike the old perl-GTK2 binding, the new perl-Gtk2 map methods call
> through xs at compile time and thus directly from the .so at runtime.
>
> this make these bugs very very stranges.
>
> at first, i would suspecta bug ala "libpango badly ordered in
> installed packages was not installed" but i failled to see how such
> install bug would impact TreeView behaviour at runtime.
>
> there's something very very fishy there.
>
> so could you check the installed perl-Gtk2 package ?
>    "rpm -V perl-Gtk2"
>
> especially, look at .so lib.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~tv/tmp # strings
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Gtk2/Gtk2.so|
>wc -l 13280
>
> these really are not symbols since perl extensions seems to uses a
> hash for symbols.
>
> > Here are the packages I have:
>
> looks normal.

Thanks Thierry! Yes I suspected that these troubles weren't normal bugs. If we
can find the cause, perhaps we can make things a little more resilient.

rpm -V perl-Gtk2 reports no problems. Same for rpmdrake, perl-GTK and
drakxtools.

My printerdrake is:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        19521 Sep  1 09:44 printerdrake*

Here are lines to 456 to 470 of my /usr/sbin/printerdrake (starting from
'sub').

sub GetNameEntFromIter {
    my ($tree, $model, $rank) = @_;
    my (undef, $iter) = $tree->get_selection->get_selected;
    return undef if !defined($iter);
    my $name = $model->get($iter, $rank);
    $name
}

sub CreateTree {
    my ($tree_model) = @_;
    my $tree = Gtk2::TreeView->new_with_model($tree_model);
    $tree->get_selection->set_mode('browse');
    $tree->set_headers_visible(1);
    $tree->set_rules_hint(1);
    $tree->get_selection->signal_connect('changed' => sub { foreach
(($tbdefault, $tbedit, $tbdel, $buttorcheck{default}, $buttorcheck{edit},
$buttorcheck{delete})) { $_->set_sensitive(1);} });