On Tuesday 09 September 2003 10:09 pm, jokerman64 wrote:
> OK, so here i am after p-chem lab and i open my mail and get the new
> "updated mandrake club" website mail. So i go and check it out, kinda
> excited to see if it's "worthy of me" now so that i can join and I see that
> it's still the same crappy site. lemme explain:
> 1. The fonts suck!
> 2. The fonts are sh*te
> 3. The fonts on all the mandrake site suck @$$.
> Yes, that is my one and only complaint. You see i don't care so much how
> things work if i'm not going to use them a lot as much as I care about how
> they look.
> I'm already singed up with mandrakeusers.org so I get free (and great)
> support from there so the only reasons for me to join the club would be for
> special offers which i'm not going to use or to support mandrake.
> The latter reason is good but i just never seem to get around to it. So
> I've come up with what I think to be a great solution. I'll pay YOU guys at
> mdk to let me change the few lines of css needed so that people can see
> truetype fonts when they come to the mdk pages. What do you say?
> Not only will I join the club (immediately after the changes are made) I'll
> join as a silver level member instead of standard (which is recommended for
> students of my financial stature) AND I'll buy a boxed copy of 9.2
> (eventually) even though i am perfectly comfortable with the 9.1 release.
> Now usually when people complain about something some people are like well
> why don't *you* so it. Here I am offering to do it, hell I'm offering to
> PAY you to let me do it. Whadyah say? $160s not a lot from just one guy but
> maybe i can get more people to join. You never knowwwww ....
> Yeah, this is kindof a bribe but it's a win win situation for everybody,
> even if you don't wan't me to do it, pleease get it done, you could even
> make it coincide w/ the 9.2 release.
Ok a lot of people seem to agree  with the basic idea but are getting into
arguments over which font is better than the other. The whole point of this
message was to get *some* kind of change on the sites from the bassackwards
aliased font not to argue over which font you like best. Whether it's changed
to serif or sans-serif (yay), arial or verdana (yay) is pretty pointlesss.
I'm sure they won't screw us over by using some crappier font. At this point
any change will be a welcome one.
Arguing about mandrake club language setup (while it isn't the best) is kinda
offtopic here. Message for the day? Don't hijack my thread! Create your own
so that people like me will come agree with you. Otherwise it'll just seem
(on first glance) that there's a lot of discussion generated because of my
thread (mdk fonts) and not yours (which fonts to choose, mdk site design).
Having said that I'd like to thank everyone who replied (in agreement or not)
for making this thread so long (and hence noticeable) :) I actually feel like
something's going to get done about those sites. Also thanks go out to
Frederic for providing webmaster info (Gael) and Facorat (css info) I could
really use that info one my site at <shameles plug>
http://www.I-Kubed.Org</sp>.
Ok this is getting long (again) so I'm going to end by saying, well requesting
really, that everyone who is unhappy about the site send a little (short)
message to Gael, kindly asking him to get on with changing the site(s) fonts.
At least the main mdk site and the club site.
--
illogic out
---