Le ven 12/09/2003 à 13:02, vbnh fdgfd a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Apt4rpm (http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/) have the same fonctionality as
> URPMI.
> URPMI is a greet tool but why reinvent the wheel ?
>
> Mdk team is not big at this time, why "loose" time with a redundant software
> devel ?
>
> And Rpmdrake could be changed to use apt-get, no ?
>
> thanks

As far as robustness seems to be less and less a problem since 9.0, i'm
seing many improvements for urpmi compared to apt.
One for example is :

urpmi kde -> lots of recent kde stuff
apt-get install kde -> less recent and less kde stuff

urpmi is THE killer feature of Mandrake above all others distributions.
Apt was a must, but for now, it seems urpmi is better (from my point of
view ...)

Stef