Le Vendredi 12 Septembre 2003 13:27, Teletchéa Stéphane a écrit :

> urpmi is THE killer feature of Mandrake above all others distributions.
> Apt was a must, but for now, it seems urpmi is better (from my point of
> view ...)

Free software always need a friendly competition with at least two great
challengers.
Linux / BSD,
KDE / Gnome / WM, Xfce,...,
OpenOffice / Koffice / Abiword / ...
urpmi / apt / portage

When common practices can be found they became standards.
But to enforce a standard a priori without a good experience reduces
the creativity.
Now experience is acquired, and a convergence to a universal package
is not a dream, it is possible.

I would be great if his job could start soon and a have a conclusion during
Libre Software Meeting 2004 at Bordeaux. (7-10 july).

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/