Le mer 24/09/2003 à 15:45, Warly a écrit :
> Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Warly wrote:
> >> When we will be sure these ISOs are really final, that is to say by
> >> the end of next week, club members and contributors should have
> >> exclusive access to the download edition ISOs.
> >> For others ISOs will be freely available worldwide by the end of
> >> october.
> >
> > Warly,
> >
> > But what is your plan for availability and freezing of the trees that
> > correspond and are more complete than these incomplete ISOs (for rc
> > and final and release and cooker)?
> >
> > ISOs are useless to most people with broadband bandwidth limits (like
> > the writer) who already have the cooker tree, as you know.  ISOs are
> > also incomplete, as stated above, therefore are not a good base for
> > release testing.
> >
> > Distributing the tree instead of the ISO takes negligibly more mirror
> > space and suits everyone, as long as mkcd is included so that CD sets
> > can be made from the tree for giving to second level testers who lack
> > suitable internet access.   Distribution by tree also makes updating
> > far more efficient and economical.
> >
> > This remains my considered recommendation.
>
> The public availability date of the tree is not yet known.
>
> However I have internally forked the tree this morning.

Hum ....

Am i alone ?
1 - I Have already buyed boxes (8.0 and 8.1)
2 - I made some people switching from RH to Mandrake
3 - I tried to improve Mdk by providing bug reports and doing some
translations/corrections in French. I try to do it better and better as
my knowledge increases, see my last comments about rc2 (and the
snapshots i made for OpenOffice.org).
4 - As i'm part of a lug (http://www.parinux.org) i'm installing linux
to show its performances every time i can.

Next planned install party is 18th of october. What would i answer when
i will be asked for 9.2 ?

Furthermore : i want to install a machine here with 9.2, how can i do it
without the CDs ?

I think i'm doing my job better by reporting mails than begin a mandrake
club member (since i don't have a fast connection, and Mdk don't provide
CDs of club applications, i have no use of it !), so i paid my part.

For the less, this is what was said to me last year at linux expo in
Paris.

May be i'm wrong, but in that case i would like to know FAR BY ADVANCE
what Mdk will do from the community work :
1 - in 9.1, you provided the iso one week after the club (i can afford
that) but WITHOUT warning us before;
2 - in 9.2, you want to provide isos one month after but WITHOUT warning
us before;

Last time, is there a chance one could have an iso without paying ?

Let me know, i hate doubt ...

Stef