Note, the big issue is to ensure that boxed sets from the store are delivered "sooner" compared to the ISO release. If I have to choose between ISOs or a Prosuite DVD-only 3 weeks later, I will take ISOs, if I have to decide between ISOs or Prosuite DVD about the same time, I will take a Prosuite DVD.

Yeah. As mildly upsetting as it is not to have the final code right away, I will admit that in the past I've not bought boxes simply because I already had the ISOs (when money was tight). I usually only bought the boxes if I had the spare money, as a way of helping out. I still have an unopened 8.0 box, heh.

I would discourage you from doing this (unless you have some means of ensuring that only club members can access the torrent, which at present is probably impossible). Sure, you may gain some new friends who download the torrent, but will there be another release for them to run?

Nobody knows which particular users are hosting the torrents, so no one will gain any friends. :)

If you want Mandrakesoft to survive, you will want them to be able to generate revenue. Building and distributing ISOs will undermine that ability. torrent'ing the official ISOs from MandrakeClub will undermine that ability. Since I don't have bandwidth (besides to our local ftp mirror), I will probably be buying a Prosuite DVD, and will install with that for any friends, but I'm not about to rip it to an ISO and put it up n said FTP mirror ...

Well, the ProSuite has a lot more packages than the standard Mandrake install, right? That's always been the incentive to me (other than supporting Mandrake) to buy the ProSuite or whichever package, is that it came with a more complete package line-up, as well as some things you might not otherwise be able to download (StarOffice, for example).

Mike