On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Rob wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 September 2003 11:38, Teletchéa Stéphane wrote:
> > Last time, is there a chance one could have an iso without
> > paying ?

Of course, either you have contributed, or you can wait.

Note, the big issue is to ensure that boxed sets from the store are
delivered "sooner" compared to the ISO release. If I have to choose
between ISOs or a Prosuite DVD-only 3 weeks later, I will take ISOs, if I
have to decide between ISOs or Prosuite DVD about the same time, I will
take a Prosuite DVD.

Mandrakesoft is purely ensuring that people don't take lazy decisions like
in the past.

> Torrents will be available within a day of it going up on the
> club, I can almost guarantee it.  I'm a club member and that's
> how I plan on getting my copy, anyway.  In my experience,
> torrents are faster than the fastest mirror once they get going.

I would discourage you from doing this (unless you have some means of
ensuring that only club members can access the torrent, which at present
is probably impossible). Sure, you may gain some new friends who download
the torrent, but will there be another release for them to run?

If you want Mandrakesoft to survive, you will want them to be able to
generate revenue. Building and distributing ISOs will undermine that
ability. torrent'ing the official ISOs from MandrakeClub will undermine
that ability. Since I don't have bandwidth (besides to our local ftp
mirror), I will probably be buying a Prosuite DVD, and will install with
that for any friends, but I'm not about to rip it to an ISO and put it up
n said FTP mirror ...

If you don't want Mandrakesoft to survive, why do you bother running
Mandrake?

Think about this one carefully ...

Regards,
Buchan

Please click on http://www.cae.co.za/disclaimer.htm to read our
e-mail disclaimer or send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a copy.