On Thursday 25 September 2003 06:00, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Nicholas Brown wanted us to know:
> >Is this the correct way to upgrade from using 9.1 to using cooker?
> >urpmi.removemedia -a
> >urpmi.addmedia cooker-main
> > ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Man
> >drake/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz urpmi.addmedia cooker-contrib
> > ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/contrib/i586
> > with ../../cooker/i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz urpmi.addmedia cooker-plf
> > ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/linux/plf/cooker with hdlist.cz
> > urpmi urpmi
> >urpmi --auto-select
> >urpmi kernel

That's what I did and everything went nicely ! :-))) Actually, I didn't even
made the "standalone" urpmi urpmi, but straightly did a urpmi --auto-select
--auto --no-verify-rpm (aren't we here to test things ?! ;-)

> Looks pretty reasonable to me.  You won't know for sure until you try
> it.  You may have to resolve some dependencies by hand.

AFAIC, had no such troubles :-)

BTW, given a try yesterday to various kernel available (enterprise, mm, tmb &
2.6) and the box boots on each :-)
Always used enterprise to enjoy my Gb ram but, on a first try, couldn't have
audigy driver running :(
So, I'm actually using 2.4.22-10mm with wich my Audigy Platinum works out of
the box with audigy driver (nice dvd experience with xine, xmms works with
libao output - not with alsa, alsaplayer reads CDs w/o troubles, but
alsamixer crashes complaining with "snd_ctl_open failed for default: no such
file or directory" and have no sound with grip) . The only thing is that,
with mm, I'm stuck to 896 Mb Ram ! Not that I need the rest every days, but
from my point of view, a _MultiMedia_ dedicated kernel (the one you're
supposed to run to make video, audio, 3D... stuff isn't it ?) should
definitely support one or two gigz Ram !? Or maybe the smp multimedia kernel
does and I can run it on my single cpu box ?

Finally, IIUC, lufs support is included in mm kernel... but I can't find the
liblufs(-devel) and lufs-tools any more nor documentation on how to use the
module. Could so enlighten me a little please ? Still have
lufs-0.9.5-1mdk.src.rpm, liblufs(-devel)-0.9.5-1mdk.i586.rpm and
lufs-tools-0.9.5-1mdk.i586.rpm here, can I drop them ? Any help would be nice
'cause I'd realy like to play with sshfs (don't even tell me about nfs ! this
*thing* just sux !) before having to acces my job server remotely...

This is (once again) going to be a great release, softs are getting more and
more mature, the distro makes life with a penguin always easier  !!!! (much
than with a dog ! LOL - see the hurricane @ http://bookmax.free.fr)

Many thanks to yall Mandrakerz (devz, contribz, etc...), keep on running !
:-)))

BESTS
Tarax

--
Future Is Free, Fight Against Bill & Friends
Linux User # 274160