On Thursday 25 September 2003 12:35, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Tarax wrote:
> > BTW, given a try yesterday to various kernel available (enterprise, mm,
> > tmb & 2.6) and the box boots on each :-)
> > Always used enterprise to enjoy my Gb ram but, on a first try, couldn't
> > have audigy driver running :(
> > So, I'm actually using 2.4.22-10mm with wich my Audigy Platinum works out
> > of the box with audigy driver (nice dvd experience with xine, xmms works
> > with libao output - not with alsa, alsaplayer reads CDs w/o troubles, but
> > alsamixer crashes complaining with "snd_ctl_open failed for default: no
> > such file or directory" and have no sound with grip) . The only thing is
> > that, with mm, I'm stuck to 896 Mb Ram ! Not that I need the rest every
> > days, but from my point of view, a _MultiMedia_ dedicated kernel (the one
> > you're supposed to run to make video, audio, 3D... stuff isn't it ?)
> > should definitely support one or two gigz Ram !? Or maybe the smp
> > multimedia kernel does and I can run it on my single cpu box ?
>
> Read the description:
> smp-mm is like the enterprise default kernel. So yes, it will support >
> 1GB and you can still run it on up box (default enterprise is smp as
> well).
shame on me, sorry :-$

> It might be logical if I had changed the name, but it is already so
> long...
agreed

> ofcourse, alsamixer crashes if you do not use an alsa driver. if it's an
> audigy1 perhaps it works with snd-emu10k1?

arf, sorry, sound config's rather new and made a confusion :( BTW, snd-emu10k1
was configured by default w/ kernel-enterprise but no sound came to my
hears...
So gonna urpmize smp-mm and play a little with sound drivers before disturbing
again...

bests
Tarax

--
Future Is Free, Fight Against Bill & Friends
Linux User # 274160