No. I don't need ISO's at all during development. 'rsync'ing to a local
server and installing via net from there is cheap, fast and reliable.

This is not my opinion. Some problems are only found with a fresh install
or an upgrade of a previous stable distribution.

and lets not forget the problems with

1 time is money | data is more important than money

2 not if you have sub megabit access ON THE MACHINE YOU ARE UPGRADING

3 and how many bugs have been around the network install? (total and just the 9.* series) And what if the bug is in the cdrom installer?