On Wed Oct 01, 2003 at 07:49:36PM +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> > > Unless that contributers and volonteers are two different set of people,
> > > with different practices, and sofar everything has been done to keep them
> > > separated.
> > >
> > > Even if i pesonally have an honorific club membership, i'd dislike having
> > > to ask yet another account just because i'd like to maintain my packages.
> >
> > Fine.  Instead of shooting down my suggestion, why not try to suggest one
> > yourself?
> I don't have any, unfortunatly.

If you don't have a better one, then don't shoot down one that works.

> However, i think we should make this distinction between contrib and club
> disapear.

Fine.  This is a starting point.  Now you need to think about what needs to
change.  There will always be a distinction.  Want to know what it is?

contribs is parallel to cooker; it's development is done on cooker, for
cooker (or the next version)

Club, on the other hand, does not do development for cooker.  It is packages
for stable versions.  Packages for Club are done for (now) 9.2, 9.1, 9.0,
etc.

So how do you propose to merge the two when they have two completely
different targets?  contribs is not designed/built/whatever for older
releases, Club is.  Club is not designed/built/whatever for cooker...
contribs is.

This makes making the distinction disappear more difficult.  It's like
trying to say that the distinction between cooker and updates should
disappear.  That's easy to say, but difficult to do.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
Online Security Resource Book; http://linsec.ca/