Le Vendredi 03 Octobre 2003 17:56, Buchan Milne a écrit :
> Screenshot:
> http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/screenshots/win2k3/manage_server.png
>
> While we're here, this is a nice idea:
>
> http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/screenshots/win2k3/shut_down_dialog.png
I disagree:
* For the shutdown:
 - The installed mdk is used as server: No need to reboot. Rebooting is for
windows, not for linux. I don't see apart kernel issues, the need of a
reboot. windows need this because they have a graphical desktop in all
situation even for servers.
 - The installed mdk is used as desktop. The user reboot because his job is
ended at office, it doesn't need all these solutions. If at home, same issue.
* For the manager server: this window is named drakconf.

> > 5°/ in order to avoid conflict with user custom group, this Admin user
> > could belongs to adm group, or root group ...
>
> Agreed, since we (samba) already abuse this group ...

Agree too. I think adm should be used for installing rpm files too. (perhaps
directorys writable by adm ? I remember, some years ago, where a *lot* of
programs were belonging to wheel or adm.