Le ven 03/10/2003 à 17:00, Buchan Milne a écrit :

> FACORAT Fabrice wrote:
> >
> > Several Admin ? so need when you have mail/security warning the mail
> > need to be send to all people belonging to this group.
>
> Or are you saying a company with 15000 employees and 200+ servers needs
> only one admin?

I was not seeing so big ;)

> >>And imagine if we could store sudo config in LDAP?
> >
> > This is for Server config. For desktop config it's too much.
>
> Why? Surely you want some users to have some rights on a machine, and
> other to have none? Maybe you want some users to be able to run
> something like mtink (to check ink levels on a printer), but you aren't
> willing to trust everyone else not to find an exploit in it?

I was talking about LDAP. sudo config for desktop -> ok
sudo config with config in LDAP for desktop -> no
sudo config with config in LDAP for server/workstation -> yes

> It might be an idea to make it configurable.
>
> But, restricting it to per user makes  the difference between scaling up
> to a large company, and scaling up to a real enterprise ... and large
> companies always like to plan for becoming an enterprise, so like to buy
> "scalable" products ...

But at the beginning they are little, so we should begin little and then
grow in complexity/features

---
Pourquoi la Siberie a des tempetes de neige et l'Angleterre Margaret
Taetcher ? . . Parce que la Siberie a choisi la premiere ! -- Benny Hill