From: "Oden Eriksson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>lördagen den 18 oktober 2003 18.03 skrev [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>> > lördagen den 18 oktober 2003 15.36 skrev Greg Meyer:
>> >
>> > It won't be a problem if I *buy* the powerpack, so as far as Mandrake
is
>> >  conserned this is no problem. I only wish I had known about this
>> > _before_  downloding it, then I would not have spent my time on it.
What
>> > about the  download edition, is the kde-i18n-sv package in there?
>>
>> Yes, but then you don't get kernel-source.
>>
>> Seems we can no longer get a full distribution on 3 CDs? Time to go to 4
>> for download?
>
>Ouch. What's taking so much space?

everything... ;-)

here's a part of my posting on the expert list when discussing space
 needed, why kernel-source was dropped...

as packages / programs get developed / enchanced, they tend to grow,
when ading more features...

here are some comparisions...

MDK 9.1
- all kde* + koffice* + locales*  = ~240MB

MDK 9.2
- all kde* + koffice* + locales* = ~262MB

so there went ~22MB

compairing the same kernels:
MDK 9.1 ~73.6MB

MDK 9.2 ~86.2MB

so there went ~12.6MB

now I am at 34.6MB already ;-)
(wich is pretty much the size of kernel-source in 9.1,
 9.2 kernel-source is ~40MB)

not to mention that we are shipping 3 more kernels than
9.1, so we add ~60MB
(kernel2.4-marcelo,  kernel-i686-up-4GB,
 kernel-p3-smp-64GB)

and ...

you get the point...

regards

thomas

PS.
I have seen hints that MDK 10 will go on 4CD:s,
just to get rid of space problems for now...

Hmmm... DVD anyone?