Buchan Milne wrote:
> Greg Meyer wrote:
> > I spent a lot of time tonight applying the style that Buchan created
> on the
> > main page to the rest of the pages in the Cooker Twiki.  Hopefully
> this gives
> > the whole site a more polished, professional feel.
> >
> > In addition, I set up the Web template so that all new pages will be
> able to
> > have the same style without a lot of work on the part of the original
> author.
> > Check it out and let me know if I have gone too far, or if I missed
> anything.

I like the idea of consistency, but I'm not sure that the style applies well
to inner pages. It works to logically break out the home page, but in part
because the page hits you with a *lot* of different things (access,
information, external links). Font and color styles feel less like the
content was being sqeezed into a "ranch" (cows surrounded by a fence).

I do think tit gives a more polished feel, and the whole idea of a Wiki is
that everyone has a voice. So, thanks for taking the initiative, Greg!

> At some stage it might be nice to see if we can get some CSS-based
> layout ...

I would be much more interested in this kind of solution. Wiki markup should
stay simple, especially since mixing style and layout tags with content
raises the barrier for contributors.

I have long wanted to work on a CSS-based layout for the Wiki, including the
header and footer. I have been swamped at work lately, and I had hesitated
in asking Warly for the access this kind of thing would imply (it would
require some sort of access to the files via ftp or the like, rather than
just Wiki editor access).

Warly, would this be something you would consider for myself and others who
would like to work on the site?

I don't want to be presumptuous: I will try and put something together using
the front page and an internal page as an example. Any result taking into
account others' input could then be implemented?

- John