[EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:

/var/log/kernel/warnings
------------------------
Oct 27 09:19:12 smbserver kernel: xfs_force_shutdown(md(9,5),0x8) called
from line 1039 of file xfs_trans.c.  Return address = 0xe08ae312
Oct 27 09:19:12 smbserver kernel: Corruption of in-memory data detected.
Shutting down filesystem: md(9,5)
Oct 27 09:19:12 smbserver kernel: Please umount the filesystem, and
rectify the problem(s)

This seems to point quite strongly to either hardware (most likely memory)
or kernel (xfs driver or md driver, it seems you are running software
raid?) If the kernel has problems with a filesystem, there's nothing much
samba can do about it ...

I doubt it's Norman case, but I had the same problem with 9.0 kernel coupled with the nvidia driver.

Bye