Bruno Prior <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> P.S. I just tried running the same postconf command as you on my
> main.cf.rpmnew. This gives mynetworks as 127.0.0.0/8, same as
> you, although mynetworks is commented out. The same command on my
> main.cf gives mynetworks of "127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.1.0/24,
> my.fixed.IP.address", whether or not mynetworks is commented out.
> The difference appears to be inet_interfaces, which is set to
> localhost in the rpmnew file, but is commented out (and therefore
> "= all") in my actual main.cf. Maybe an older configuration, I
> don't know. I certainly haven't changed it in a long time - I
> didn't even think about this setting. Would it work as a mail
> server sending and receiving mail for a local network if
> inet_interfaces were set to localhost?

IMHO the safer rule of thumb is to put your modifications to
main.cf at the end of the file, and when you upgrade it, use the
.rpmnew file as a base, and copy your modifications at the end.
Don't keep your old file. That way, you won't miss new default
settings (those may even fix problems).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/