Le jeu 30/10/2003 à 14:20, Buchan Milne a écrit :
> > Sorry to be against you Buchan, but as he knew there is a console
> > program in RH, he should knew there is also one in Mdk aka XFdrake ...
>
> And what if the user had never used Redhat before??? This guy has been
> using Linux on hist desktop for over a year, do we expect newbies to
> know more than this?

Yes, but in that case, he should subscribe to MandrakeClub or buy a pack
and solve this problem with the manual or on-line.

> > I could agree if he had said : i tried drakXfree and didn't found it,
> > but here, he didn't even try to figure out.
> >
> > May be we should normalize definitively the Mandrake tools as drak* for
> > example, but that's another point.
>
> This is largely irrelevant. For a desktop OS, it is criminal to dump a
> user in a console without any help if they have just changed the
> monitor. If we can't ensure that X will come up, why should newbies use
> Mandrake over Debian?

I agree on this point in the case you describe. I was just answering
about THIS user in particular.

BTW, i'm not sure if we should provide such -finger in the nose-
practice that far : at the end, this is the kind of plus value one
should expect from club membership and/or pack ?

WDYT ?

> Regards,
> Buchan

Regards,