--- FACORAT Fabrice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> put them at the end after dm start

Wouldn't work, because dm service just calls prefdm
with a fork, so it's effectively executing X and KDE
and everything else in parallel. As I've said, this
makes X start veeery slowly. When I remove the fork,
the service just never ends, so whatever is after it
never gets started.

--- guran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Otherwise I think that Linux or Unix has other
> walues than a fast start.
> regards

Well, I don't know about you two but I would like to
see Mandrake become better in all aspects, even if
some of them are not directly useful to myself. Wrt
reboot issue, I keep my PC in the same room where I
sleep, and I can't fall asleep when it works because
my athlon coolers make too much noise.