Vedran Ljubovic wrote:
> - I also agree that using bash slows down things.

Time it. You're making conclusions based on assumptions.

> But I don't think that writing rc script itself in C will help much. rc script
> is only a small portion of overhead, I think that the bigger problem are
> scripts in init.d that are 100% bash, such as devfsd script that makes a bunch
> of symbolic links and stuff.

C isn't human readable.

Tweaking the bootstuff isn't hard. It's very rewarding for people who want to
learn something about linux and having 30 seconds extra boottime is not a
mayor problem since linux is not a reboot OS.

What _is_ hard is to make a proper init for _everyone_.

# Han
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/documents/quotingguide.html