Le jeu 30/10/2003 à 17:01, Vedran Ljubovic a écrit :
> --- Jos Hulzink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Also shared printers can be set up after the desktop
> > is there, though
> > indeed, for real servers you might want to change
> > priority. My problem is
> > how to do implement your suggestions (which I agree
> > with) in a neat way?
>
> Also consider that some people use a dm to login,
> while others use auto-login feature and go directly to
> desktop... it's not easy, there are really two
> realistic options:
> - start services when needed (e.g. start cups only
> when i try to print something) but it would require
> hacking kde

wrong point, or valid only for desktop PC
1°/ in workstation or when you share the printer, others computers
should be able to see and print to it
2°/ ok, you hack kde and gnome. and WM, fluxbox etc ... or if i use CLI
? now you need to hack directly lpr

>  or
> - use an arbitrary delay before starting a service and
> renice it so that user experience is not harmed.
> I think this second solution is not that bad, what do
> you think?

put them at the end after dm start

--
La tolerance est la charite de l'intelligence. -- Jules Lemaitre