On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 04:48, Pascal Terjan wrote:
> Francisco Alcaraz wrote:
>> I just have bought a linux magazine (Todo Linux) that comes with
>> the two first Mandrake 9.2 and, of course, with the old kernel.
>> Nothing in the magazine warn about the possible problem with LG
>> cdrom drivers.

>> It could be problematic have lot of people having their LG
>> cdrom-drivers broken. At least a note about the danger should be
>> put.

>> :-(

>> Mandrake should be more carefull with this, shouldn't it?

> I'm pretty sure the magazine didn't even bother to tell Mandrakesoft
> they'll distibute the 9.2...

OK... I'm planning to include a slightly-less-than-single-ISO version of
9.2 plus the updates and an LG-proof kernel on the cover of an
Australian magazine. It will be aimed at a single purpose: installing a
secure, database-backed Mandrake Linux webserver/mailserver/gateway
machine for developers to use either for real or as a staging area or
an intranet server/testbed.

What are the rules Mandrake would like me to follow?

For example, if I include a PLF package or the NVidia/ATI drivers, what
must I change? The distro's name? Licence terms?

What can I do with the advertising screens? Are Mandrake happy for me to
add extra images to the sequence, one to loudly remind the audience
that this is not an official Mandrake distribution - it's been built
for the magazine - one to advertise Linux contacts in Australia, and so
on?

What else?

Cheers; Leon