On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:14, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You might want to consider a live CD version ... (if it's prime
> purpose isn't for installation, but more for demo).

This one will be intended for installation.

I am also considering a live CD as a later project, one with most of the
above plus a web browser and the like, aimed at being a "plug this in
and try it" template that developers can use to ship an active site
(databases etc copied to a RAMdisk) to a customer.

It would be even better with a script named "i_like_it" which installs
to the running machine's hard disk if the end customer does in fact
like it.

> Well, if we get an answer on this, can we get it on the Wiki.

Yes, please!

A Knoppix-alike-Mandrake-HOWTO page would also be wonderful, if anyone
reading this has ever made one.

Cheers; Leon