> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 04:48, Pascal Terjan wrote:

>> I'm pretty sure the magazine didn't even bother to tell Mandrakesoft
>> they'll distibute the 9.2...
>
> OK... I'm planning to include a slightly-less-than-single-ISO version of
>  9.2 plus the updates and an LG-proof kernel on the cover of an
> Australian magazine. It will be aimed at a single purpose: installing a
> secure, database-backed Mandrake Linux webserver/mailserver/gateway
> machine for developers to use either for real or as a staging area or
> an intranet server/testbed.

You might want to consider a live CD version ... (if it's prime purpose
isn't for installation, but more for demo).

> What are the rules Mandrake would like me to follow?
>
> For example, if I include a PLF package or the NVidia/ATI drivers, what
> must I change? The distro's name? Licence terms?
>
> What can I do with the advertising screens? Are Mandrake happy for me to
>  add extra images to the sequence, one to loudly remind the audience
> that this is not an official Mandrake distribution - it's been built
> for the magazine - one to advertise Linux contacts in Australia, and so
> on?

You probably want to replace mandrake_theme at least. IMHO
bootsplash-themes should have subpackages, which preferably provide
mandrake_theme if they have the backgrounds and lilo splash screen.

> What else?

Well, if we get an answer on this, can we get it on the Wiki. This really
needs to be documented, considering Fedora is now a better option for this
(all RH artwork removed, all fedora artwork in fedora* packages)

Regards,
Buchan