On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 18:12, Olivier Blin wrote:
> > My mistake, it's a "bug" in kernel packaging.
> > No depmod is done in %install, so mkinitrd find the first time an
> > empty modules.desc file and can't guess ext3 depends on jbd ...
>
> It's finally fixed now, you can grab the test9.4mdk packages here:
> http://compil.mandrake.org/~blino/kernel-2.6/
>
> If nothing wrong is reported about the package till Wednesday, it will
> go right in contrib.
>
> Next step is to add -mm1 patchset.

We have been having a kernel fest on our Linux forum.Score so far, 5
systems cleanly upgraded to test9.4 on fresh 9.2 systems with updates. 1
system hanging at boot.All systems are multi-boots which are used to
test new distros. Variety of hardware.

Have found one solid problem.If you select logout/shutdown from KDE you
get a BSOD. logout/reboot works fine.

A major source of confusion is the lack of progress info in the initial
boot, makes you think the system has hung.

Is there any specific info we can send from the hanging system?