On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 23:10:25 +0000
Michael Lothian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've just downloaded the SRPM of test9 4mdk however when I try and
> recompile for my athlon I get the following error
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] fireburn]$ rpm --rebuild --target athlon
> kernel-2.6-2.6.0-0.test9.4mdk.src.rpm
> Installing kernel-2.6-2.6.0-0.test9.4mdk.src.rpm
> warning: user blino does not exist - using root
> warning: group blino does not exist - using root
> warning: user blino does not exist - using root
> warning: group blino does not exist - using root
> warning: user blino does not exist - using root
> warning: group blino does not exist - using root
> warning: user blino does not exist - using root
> warning: group blino does not exist - using root
> Building target platforms: athlon
> Building for target athlon
> error: Architecture is not included: athlon

The only configfiles included are for i586 and ppc, like:
kernel-config-2.6-i586
The easiest way to get an athlon optimised kernel is to install the
kernel-source rpm of 2.6, and build a custom kernel for athlon. Or you could
make a kernel-config-2.6-athlon and ask blino to include it in the src.rpm.

--
Marcel Pol