On 07 Nov 2003 20:52:54 -0500
Owyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have been having a kernel fest on our Linux forum.Score so far, 5
> systems cleanly upgraded to test9.4 on fresh 9.2 systems with updates.

Hi,

I'm happy that our (Olivier Thauvin and me) package works fine on your
systems :)

> 1 system hanging at boot.All systems are multi-boots which are used to
> test new distros. Variety of hardware.

Could you please disable frame buffer (vga=normal in lilo.conf if you
use lilo) and tell us the error messages you get ?

> Have found one solid problem.If you select logout/shutdown from KDE
> you get a BSOD. logout/reboot works fine.

argh, I don't use neither kde nor kdm so I haven't noticed this, I'll
try to track this bug.

> A major source of confusion is the lack of progress info in the
> initial boot, makes you think the system has hung.
> Is there any specific info we can send from the hanging system?

As Tim replied to you, you need to disable framebuffer (vga=normal in
lilo.conf) to see messages at boot.
Bootsplash doesn't work currently with kernel 2.6, I hope somebody
(perhaps me) will port it soon to 2.6, but we need a working vesa
framebuffer before.

Thanks for your report :)

--
Olivier Blin