> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:49:01 +0100 (MET)
> "Svetoslav Slavtchev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > very short note (will come back later with longer one :) )
> >
> > wanna include some 3rdparty stuff ?-)
>
> Why not :)
> That won't kill me or significantly increase the built time.

greate :-)

> > i'm trying to ?port? the mdk 3rdparty modules to 2.6
>
> great
>
> > and i almost, partly got it, but ...
> > 1.)
> > grrrrrrrrrrr, i've no idea how to fix one issue
> > make clean doesn't work after make mrproper( probably distclean too)
>
> I guess you only need to copy /boot/config in the kernel sources
> directory.
> I'll work on a solution for all this mess soon.

no the patch i attached isn't finished/ is partly brocken
everything seems OK, but `make mrproper` deletes 3rdparty/Makefile
and `make clean` needs it to clean 3rdarty/*/*
(although it's already clean :( )

> > 2.)
> > i can not find external drivers that work with 2.6
> >
> > here is what i got to compile
> > (in one or another way, mostly troubled by prism2, ov511 also needs
> > fixing:()
>

> Nice, where can I pick all this modules to include them in my nightly
> build ? :)

i'll upload a nosrc.rpm shortly (omited only the linux tarball)
but it freezes shortly after boot is finished on my system since -bk9
(the same patch tarball woked OK till -bk7 :( )

url is http://varna.demon.co.uk/~svetlio/cook/2.6/

on second thought, i'll upload also the patches tarball
look for linux-2.6.0-test9s3.tar.bz2 :-)

the not enabled options are broken

sorry but longer mail, will still have to wait at least an hour :(

> > PS
> > 1)  atmel-ng is berlios driver with intersil support
> > 2.) lirc probably needs some tweaking/fixing too
> >
> > #
> > # Unofficial 3rd party kernel additions
> > #
> > CONFIG_ACX100=m
> > CONFIG_ATMEL_NG=m // have to switch to the cryptic name from 2.4x-xq
> > CONFIG_HOSTAP=m
> > CONFIG_HOSTAP_FIRMWARE=y
> > CONFIG_HOSTAP_PLX=m
> > CONFIG_HOSTAP_PCI=m
> > CONFIG_HOSTAP_CS=m
> >
> > #
> > # Linux InfraRed Controller
> > #
> > CONFIG_LIRC=y
> > CONFIG_LIRC_SUPPORT=y
> > CONFIG_LIRC_MAX_DEV=2
> > CONFIG_LIRC_GPIO=m
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_BT829 is not set / i2c broken ?
> > CONFIG_LIRC_IT87=m
> > CONFIG_LIRC_ATIUSB=m
> > CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL=m

this following are currently choice,
i'll try to figure out smth to build them as separate module

> > CONFIG_LIRC_HOMEBREW=y
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_ANIMAX is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_IRDEO is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_IRDEO_REMOTE is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_TRANSMITTER is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_IGOR is not set

> > CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_COM1=y
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_COM2 is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_COM3 is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_COM4 is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_OTHER is not set
> > CONFIG_LIRC_PORT_SERIAL=0x3f8
> > CONFIG_LIRC_IRQ_SERIAL=0x4

this one's were also a choice & i splitted them // needs testing :)
> > CONFIG_LIRC_SIR=m
> > CONFIG_LIRC_SIR_IRDA=m
> > CONFIG_LIRC_SIR_TEKRAM=m
> > CONFIG_LIRC_SIR_ACTISYS_ACT200L=m

> > CONFIG_LIRC_SIR_COM1=y
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SIR_COM2 is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SIR_COM3 is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SIR_COM4 is not set
> > # CONFIG_LIRC_SIR_OTHER is not set
> > CONFIG_LIRC_PORT_SIR=0x3f8
> > CONFIG_LIRC_IRQ_SIR=0x4
> > CONFIG_LUFS=m
> > CONFIG_PRISM54=m
> > CONFIG_QC_USB=m
> >

> > #
> > # Prism2.5 wireless support
> > #
> > CONFIG_PRISM25=m
> > CONFIG_P80211=m
> > CONFIG_PRISM2_PLX=m
> > CONFIG_PRISM2_PCI=m
> > CONFIG_PRISM2_CS=m

originaly only P80211 & PRISM2_PLX did compile,
i came with MD01-prism2sta.c-remove_release.patch,
and i wrote to wlan-ng to ask wether the patch is OK,
but no reply yet, and my messege have not yet hit the list :(

> > # CONFIG_PRISM2_USB is not set
 broken

> > # CONFIG_OV511 is not set // i2c needs fixing

svetljo