On Sunday 16 November 2003 06:20, Svetoslav Slavtchev wrote:
> my current patch tarball is uploading
> linux-test9s5.tar.bz2

I tried 3rdparty but it won't work as is. Dynamically generating Makefile and
Kconfig highly confuses build system; BTW it won't even compile if all
3rdparty are modules.

I suggest you use mkbuild.pl to generate static Makefile and Kconfig. How
often is it going to change? It could be done as part of making RPM.

Setting 3rdparty as part of drivers-y forces it to expect 3rdparty/built-in.o
but it is not built unless something in 3rdparty is compiled as builtin. I
was about to initialize SUBDIRS but then it prevents from overriding it on
command line .... probably something like

ifeq ($(origin SUBDIRS),file)
     SUBDIRS+=3rdparty
endif

of course neither Makefile nor Kconfig should be removed by mrproper then.

BTW your current setup obviously does not work if srctree != buildtree. I
attempted to fix it but hopelessly failed :)

-andrey