I made the mistake of installing a KDE2 from Mandrake, followed by one from KDE
followed by one from Mandrake. From then on, and I installed the last ones last
night, every time I try to launch konqueror it simply crashes ! As a result I
cannot see what everyone else is raving about ! The only hint I get is dropping
out of X I see a message saying :
KDE detected X error: BadDrawable (Invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
      Major opcode 14

I have also seen messages relating to a bad KInstance also causing a crash.

I would love to see konqueror browsing. Especially since it is fast becoming
obvious that Mozilla is going to amount to nothing on the Linux platform.

Considering how long it took Red Hat to pursuade Real to do a Linux plugin for
bog standard Netscape, what hope is there of trying to get the plugin vendors
to rewrite their plugins for a single instance of a brand new minority browser
on what is currently a minority platform !

Please help me to get konqueror working again.

Owen