Submitted 24-Jul-00 by B. K. Barley:
> But what for users that have a soundcard that has drivers still in
> development?  I do not believe that alsa has support for the vortex chip
> yet.  It's on the Dimaond monster sound cards.
>
> Bryan

There are two different Diamond MonsterSound cards.  The mx300 uses
the Aureal chipset and support for it is still, as yet, undetermined :(
The mx400 uses an ESS chipset (Maestro-2e) which is fully supported.

Given that Aureal is, for all intents and purposes, a non-entity at
this point (http://www.pcformat.co.uk/newsread.asp?story_id=744) and
Diamond still sees Windows users as their market, you can expect
little or no help from the manufacturers.

--
       _
     _|_|_