> * Mon Jul 24 2000 Frederic Crozat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 1.2.1-8mdk
>
> - BM + macroszification
> - update to use wmsession.d from mandrake_desk
> - use tmpdir variable for BuildRoot

Hmmm... all of a sudden I'm getting this message while trying to
rebuild this package:

error: failed build dependencies:
        alsa-lib-devel is needed by gnome-core-1.2.1-8mdk
Installing /mirrors/mandrake-devel/SRPMS/gnome-core-1.2.1-8mdk.src.rpm

This worries me... This means that I will be unable to run gnome on my
linux-mandrake alpha box. Since the alsa packages are arch-excluded for
this platform. I've seen that the gnome-audio package has the same.

        alsa                            (kernel --> the kernel currently
                                        doesn't build out of the box on
                                        alpha)
        alsa-lib + alsa-lib-devel       (Architecture is excluded:
                                        alpha)

I know I shouldn't whine --> mandrake is a (mostly) x86 distro, other
ports have low priority, but this has a significant impact on the alpha
(ppc & sparc??) port(s). Imagine having a distro without gnome...

On the RedHat's AXP list I observed that ALSA on Alpha works. What do we
need first to get it working? A alsa enabled kernel?

Stefan