On Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:13:25 -0400, Patrick Poncet said:

        Hi :)

> Hey Pixel,
>
>  I'm not sure where trends are at but I was in need of it for cscmail 1.6.1 (now
>  known as pronto-1.2.3) a genuinly excellent mail client based on perl-GTK that has
>  HTML rendering based on perl-GTK-HTML.

        I hang out with the Pronto! developers and have been trying to help out with
it (not an easy task since I can't program my way out of a paper bag, but I draw cute
penguin icons :) And I agree with you...this is one excellent piece of software :)

>  I tried to mess around with the Gtk-perl tarball as well as perl-GTK mdk src and
>  recompile it.  Since perl-GTK mdk src generates all the packages perl-GTK-XmHTML
>  etc..., I looked at the tarball that actually contains perl-GTK-HTML.  But the spec
>  file omits it.

        As far as I remember, Muhri has said that you need gtkhtml 0.4 cause they
changed the api in 0.5 and Pronto hasn't gone to that api yet.  The other option is to
use CSCHtml (http://cscmail.net/cschtml/) which is a de-gnomization of gtkhtml done by
Steve (the original CSCMail developer).  I use CSCHtml and it works sweetly.

        BTW, Pixel....I've been talking with muhri (the Pronto head developer) about
getting Pronto (and CSCHtml) included with Mandrake's next release....how would we go
about it? :)

        Arioshi ba :)

        Vox

----
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.
Kind of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use
_higher_ technology than everyone else.
            -- Donald B. Marti Jr.