Hi!

I just wondered how much interest is there on this list for such a
program. Also there is a quite nice midi sequencer program based on
the same lib as the program needs. It's name is noteedit. It requires
a bunch of programs:
1) qt2 for the GUI
2) tse3 for the midi input/output (a 'sequencer engine' library)
   http:/tse3.sourceforge.net
3) musixtex for the output
   http://www.gmd.de/Misc/Music/musixtex/
4) pmx, a preprocessor to musixtex for an alternative output. It's
   output is much easier to read and modify than musixtex itself.
   http://www.gmd.de/Misc/Music/pmx
5) tetex

notedit can be found here:
http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~ja/noteedit/noteedit.html

You can set notes either with the GUI directly or with a midi-capable
instrument. Therefore you better should use a sequencer directly so
the program anthem (anthem.sourceforge.net) could be added as well :-).
The midi files can then be edited (for bows, trills and other ornaments).

I have created/adopted rpm spec files for the applications which are
not in contrib. If you think it's a worthful addition just tell me
and I'll post the spec files to the list.

Best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Current Projects: Linux-Installation Mandrake 7.1 (95% finished)
                  Improvements of Driver for Tevion Tablet
                  Java-DB and -Interface for Pincity (93 % finished)
GnuPG Public Key available on request.

PGP signature