Submitted 11-Aug-00 by Till Kamppeter:
> If someone has a real Lexmark 1100, he should choose the parallel port
> as device in step 3 and look at the printout in step 5. I am also very
> grateful if someone tests this driver under LPD.

Printing to a real Lexmark 1100 with CUPS.  Yes, it worked.  Well,
sort of:

   1) Monochrome doesn't seem to work.  I tried setting monochrome via
      the CUPS web config, the fpi file, and both (restarting CUPS each
          time), and after much moving of the printhead, I get a blank piece
          of paper.  (Yes, I had a black cartridge in the printer.)
   2) and this isn't wrong, per se, but the print (from a plaintext
      file) is about 50% larger than I was getting from it with LPD.

No dice under LPD, the job ends up in the bit bucket unless you make a
link from ps-to-lm1100.fpi to ps-to-printer.fpi.  If you want this to
install cleanly with rhs-printfilters installed for use with lpd, you'll
need to tell ppl that :/  Works fine with the link in place in either
color or mono (with the appropriate change to the fpi).

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

"Have you noticed there are no interesting people in heaven?
Just a hint to the girls as to where they can find their salvation."
-- Nietzche, "The Will to Power"