Thank you for the test! If you hack anything and it improves the results
please tell me.

Anton Graham wrote:

> Printing to a real Lexmark 1100 with CUPS.  Yes, it worked.  Well,
> sort of:
>
>    1) Monochrome doesn't seem to work.  I tried setting monochrome via
>       the CUPS web config, the fpi file, and both (restarting CUPS each

The fpi file has no influence to CUPS it serves only for LPD.

>           time), and after much moving of the printhead, I get a blank piece
>           of paper.  (Yes, I had a black cartridge in the printer.)

This is strange, perhaps it's a problem of the PPD file (You say later
that you got it working with LPD).

>    2) and this isn't wrong, per se, but the print (from a plaintext
>       file) is about 50% larger than I was getting from it with LPD.

What do you mean? Is the file 50% bigger or the font on the printout.

> No dice under LPD, the job ends up in the bit bucket unless you make a
> link from ps-to-lm1100.fpi to ps-to-printer.fpi.  If you want this to
> install cleanly with rhs-printfilters installed for use with lpd, you'll
> need to tell ppl that :/ Works fine with the link in place in either
> color or mono (with the appropriate change to the fpi).

So the people working on rhs-printfilters have to integrate
ps-to-lm1100.fpi in ps-to-printer.fpi.

   Till