I did't try, seems that he has stopped all his activities on the
project. I hope he is still alive. So someone should overtake his
sources to continue his project. But he needs to have a Lexmark 1100. I
do not have one.

   Till

OS wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Have you managed to get any kind of reply from Tim Engler ? As I said before I
> never managed to get anything out of the guy at all - ever !!! I discovered
> this driver back in Feburary. I reported a couple of bugs to him, but nothing
> was done about them. It would be nice if we all had access to the software
> source.
>
> I haven't tried your CUPS integration yet.

Under CUPS it works. I have tried it with the printer emulator script,
but only in color. The setup with CUPS is as easy as with any other
printer.

> To those having trouble getting it working  with lpr and rsh-printfilters:
>
> Black and white printing has never worked.

I have a report of someone who succeeded in this with lpr and lpr and
rsh-printfilters.