[pasting an old mail from me]

As KDE 2 propose to use the search engine ht://Dig for the search of his
documentation, should ht://Dig get in cooker now ?
If so, I suggest also :

 -- you add the accent patch to manage fuzzy searching on accented
caracters (everyday users of ht://Dig know how important it is).
For the accent patch see :
<ftp://sol.ccsf.cc.ca.us//htdig-patches/3.1.5/accents.5>

 -- Linux-Mandrake also should have a better integration of ht://Dig
(links with dictionnaries, better integration with Apache, and so on (I
can discribe precisaly if you intend to do it)).

 -- Last ht://Dig Mandrake RPM package also have some problem to work :
I suggest to see the problem of the sorting process when we use accented
caracters. I discribe it and publish a solution in the htdig mailing
list. See : http://www.htdig.org/mail/2000/05/0242.html

Of course, in next Mandrake release, ht://Dig even should be
automatically installed if KDE 2 package is chosen in the install
process.
I tested the search tool in KDE 2 : it works great ! Just try it !

Charles Népote.